Mightybell Copyright Policy
Last Updated: March 16, 2016
Discouragement of Copyright Infringement
We ask users of Mightybell to take care to avoid infringing copyrights of others. If you infringe copyrights of others, Your Content may be removed or suspended in whole or part. It is our policy, in appropriate circumstances and our discretion, to disable and/or terminate accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are charged repeatedly with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
Recourse for Copyright Owners: Reporting Complaints with a DMCA Notice
We also provide a mechanism for copyright owners, or those authorized to act on behalf of an owner of a copyright, to report a belief about infringing use of Mightybell. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”), we will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement using Mightybell that are reported to our Designated Copyright Agent for Mightybell. We provide you the requirements of proper complaint below. For your convenience, the entire text of the DMCA is linked to here at the U.S. Copyright Office WebService: http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf
In order to provide us a DMCA complaint notice (“DMCA Notice”), you should:
- Provide your contact information, including your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address.
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works are covered your DMCA Notice, you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Provide us information reasonably sufficient for us to locate each allegedly infringing material (e.g, a URL link where the material may be found on Mightybell) that you are requesting to be removed or disabled.
Include the following statements in the body of the DMCA Notice:
- I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).
- I hereby state that the information in this DMCA Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- Include a physical or electronic signature (e.g. typing your printed name)
Deliver this DMCA Notice, with all items completed to the Designated Copyright Agent for Mightybell, at:
Attn:Copyright Agent127 Lytton AvePalo Alto, CA 94301
For fastest handling, email submission is best. For your convenience, we provide you with this web form to complete if you wish to report copyright infringement.
If There is a Copyright Complaint Against You
If you receive a notice that a posting or portion of Your Content has been removed or suspended due to a copyright complaint, that means that we removed it at the request of a content owner. If you believe your content was removed in error, you have the option to file a DMCA counter-notice (the proper format for such counter-notice is defined below). When we receive a proper counter-notice, we will forward to the party who originally complained about the alleged copyright violation. If we do not receive a notice within 10 business days that the original complainant is seeking a court order to prevent further infringement of the content at issue, we will clear the complaint from your account’s record, and we may replace the content that was removed.
How to File a DMCA Counter Notice
Please note that there are potentially seriously consequences for fraudulent or bad faith submissions. Such consequences may be imposed pursuant to the DMCA under Section 512(f). Before submitting a counternotice, you should be sure that you are the actual rights holder of the content removed or that you have a good faith belief that content was erroneously removed. It is important to make sure that you understand the repercussions of submitting a false claim.
A proper counter notice should be sent by replying to the email notice you received, and it should contain the following:
- Your name, address, and telephone number
- The URLs of the content that was removed or disabled by us (copy and paste the link in the notification email)
The following statements:
I consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which my address is located, or if my address is outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Mightybell Inc. is located. I will accept service of process from the claimant of copyright of infringement.
I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the content was removed as result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- A physical or electronic signature (e.g., typing your full name)